Is Milk Making You Bloat?

As most people have heard, dairy isn't necessarily the best addition to our diets. It has been connected to causing acne, weight gain and hormonal imbalances.
So naturally, I've been trying my best to avoid it as much as I possibly can (who needs acne and those extra pounds?)

Now personally, I've never been a huge milk drinker. I probably only had it in my coffee, tea (sounds crazy, but it's delicious, trust me!) and cereal. Cheese is, and always has been, one of my weaknesses. I don't care whether it's in a sandwich, on a salad, or even by itself. That stuff's addicting! But regardless, I've been trying to stay away from those too, since again, they're known to add a bunch of calories that I quite frankly don't need in my life.

Something I haven't given up though is my morning coffee. Starbucks, to be exact. Every morning without fail, I would have my Latte or Cappuccino. I refused to start my day without it. No really. I wouldn't get off my butt and do anything productive without that cup of delicious coffee in my hands.

But last week, I got an epiphany: is Starbucks causing me to bloat?

A little backstory: I usually don't feel like actually starting my day or doing anything until about 7pm. Yes, that sounds crazy, but it is what it is. Now, that doesn't mean I actually wait til the evening to get things done. But I would be really lazy, feel really slow, and be super uncomfortable until then. Therefore, nothing gets done before 7.

I was watching Makeup Geek's video on Youtube about how Starbucks caused her acne. Naturally, I thought it was just that her skin was reacting to the milk in her coffee. But then it got me thinking, is it doing more than just cause acne?

One morning, after I drank my cup of coffee, I noticed how bad my body was feeling. The worst thought came to my mind: "Is this really what's making me feel bad?" So, I decided to do a little experiment. I stopped drinking Starbucks.

Yes, ludacris, I know. But check this: I stopped feeling bloated. I stopped feeling heavy. I stopped feeling like all I wanted to do was go back to bed even after ingesting 2 shots of espresso. Just like that, it was gone.

So I decided to try it out for a whole week. Instead of going to Starbucks to get my daily dose of caffeine, I just made some coffee at home and added some CoffeeMate. And just like that, I connected the dots: MILK WAS MAKING ME FEEL LIKE CRAP. No, really, it was!

I haven't felt this energetic in months. I don't feel like going back to bed after I wake up. I don't feel like sitting around on my ass all day doing absolutely nothing. I've even been working out everyday. Me, working out, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

To clarify, I am not lactose intolerant. I don't have any dairy allergies. I guess my body just doesn't like whole milk. And to further support my argument, when I drink anything with skim milk instead, I feel absolutely fine!

So there ya have it folks, I think I've found one of the answers to your problem. Skip the whole milk, it doesn't do anything good for ya!

If you need more information on how milk and other foods cause bloating, check out the links below!

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/diarrhea-10/bloated-bloating
http://dailyhealthpost.com/3-of-the-worst-foods-for-bloating/
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/expert-advice/quick-answers/beat-belly-bloat/

Share:

0 comments