Afraid of Commitment?

Personally, I've never been one to throw myself into relationships. If you need any further proof of that, I'm a 19-year-old college student, and have never been in a legitimate/serious relationship. 
However, I'm at this point in my life where I feel like I'm ready to be in somewhat of a commitment. No, I am not referring to marriage or anything (especially if I don't want to be disowned). I'm talking about taking it to the next level with someone I'm with. Being able to "label" our relationship, making it public. 
Now, for me, the label aspect of it isn't why I want to take it up a notch. It's more of what it represents. I have never, nor will I ever, pressure any guy to be in a committed relationship with me, regardless of how much I want him to be. In my head, I feel like that is the first step towards disaster in the relationship, considering that it was started based on pressure. That's why I am a firm believer in letting things take their natural course, and if you're meant to be exclusive, you'll both come to terms with that eventually. 
But at the same time, I get the whole "I think I'm ready for the commitment, but he's obviously not since he tells people one thing but me something entirely different" type situation. Considering I'm currently dealing with this issue myself.
What bothers me isn't that he's not ready to be on the next level, but that I'm the only one he's not talking about it to. I'm not the most confrontational person  myself, but when I feel like something needs to be said, I'll say it. But in this case, I'm here waiting for him to take initiative and talk about his feelings. Now I know most guys like to beat around the bush when it comes to these things, but I do think that every guy does it when he feels he needs to. 
So, here was my personal rant of the day. Yes, it's not a topic I talk very much about, but it is something that needs to be discussed!

xx, Raneem. 

Share:

0 comments