You Got (Twitter) Beef?

So, I'm scrolling down my timeline on Twitter, and I notice the numerous tweets about Demi Lovato having Twit-fight with Kathy Griffin, and it got me to thinking, WHY IN THE HELL ARE PEOPLE STILL FIGHTING OVER TWITTER. Or online, period.
Of course, they're celebrities, so whatever's said by either party is just blown out of proportion and everyone makes whatever was said out to be this huge issue, blablabla. But celebs aren't the only ones that partake in online fights. I have a lot of friends (and non-friends) that start some crap on social media sites for everyone on their timelines to see.
See, here's my problem with all this: if you have a problem with someone, go to them and deal with whatever issue you have personally. Without unnecessary witnesses, or people that don't want anything to do with your petty problems.
There's a big difference between a discussion or argument and a fight. An argument can start on twitter just based on a tweet and a discussion follows. However, once you start talking smack about someone (either tagging the other person to subtweeting), that's where I draw the line. To me, an online fight is as cowardly as can get. Like, seriously, think about it this way;
You're hiding behind a laptop, phone--whatever, and then looking like the lesser person just simply by initiating beef that shouldn't be public in the first place. My opinion? Get your shit together and GROW the f- UP. If you can't deal with your problems privately, then you shouldn't have to force the rest of us to witness them (entertaining or not)!
Hope my rant was entertaining to you guys!

xx, Raneem. 

Share:

0 comments